Why just read about a case study when you can experience one?
Cogent Education’s Interactive Cases provide engaging real world scenarios allowing you to explore a variety of science-based careers and dive into the "molecular" world to solve a real world problem. Each Interactive Cases concentrates on one of the most challenging concepts in Biology.
In our Interactive Case on Membrane Potential, you play the role of a nurse at a university health facility, where you must help a student who stayed up 18 hours studying for finals. The patient drank lots of energy drinks and coffee, and is now suffering from muscle weakness and having trouble walking.
After reviewing your patient's symptoms you will learn the fundamentals of membrane potential by exploring an embedded Interactive Guide, which contains simulations and animations to help explain the core concepts of membrane potential.
Next, you’ll fly into your patient's spinal column and start your investigation by collecting and analyzing data from her neurons. This will enable you to form & test a hypothesis, and communicate your findings. All along the way, you’ll be learning key concepts and developing and honing your problem solving skills.
Our award-winning Interactive Cases:
• present key science concepts in the context of engaging real-world scenarios
• allow you to use critical thinking to practice problem-solving skills
• enable you to interact with virtual molecular and cellular worlds
• align to Next Generation Science Standards and AASL Standards for the 21st-Century Learner.
• are research-based and proven to improve learning and problem-solving skills (3-year independent study with 2,300 students)
• provide a real-time formative assessment tool that enables teachers to differentiate and personalize their instruction
• are funded by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health
• can be completed in approximately 45-90 minutes.
• allow users anytime, anywhere access, which offers additional time to develop and hone problem-solving skills
You’ll never view science the same way again!
Note: A Cogent Education subscription is required to use this case study.
This case study is not recommended to use on phones due to the font size.
IC: Cell Membrane Potential is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-01-08. The program can be installed on Android.
IC: Cell Membrane Potential (version 1.051) has a file size of 52.43 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 2 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.